"In India,local restaurants established highway side popularly known as DHABAS"
Sunday, December 14, 2014
"Eat slowly; chew your food well.It takes 20 minutes before your stomach sends a clear message to your brain that you're full.If you take the time to chew your food well, you will find you end up eating less. Ideally, you should have smaller, frequent meals as opposed to larger, infrequent ones."
There is no fixed recipe for vegetable salad. It is only a balanced blend of a few vegetables. Quantity of each vegetable depends on your requirement. Always use fresh vegetables and wash them before the preparation.
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup cucumber (chopped)
- 1/2 cup carrots (chopped)
- 1/2 cup cabbage (chopped)
- 1/4 cup radish (chopped)
- A few (around 2 tbsp) coriander leaves (chopped)
- 2-3 green chilies (fine chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Lemon (for lemon juice
- (Part 1) Mix all vegetables together and add lemon juice to it.
- (Part 2) Mix chopped chilies and coriander leaves together and make a paste of it.
- Add both above mentioned parts.
- Add salt to it.(according to taste)
- Salad is ready. At serving time you can also add vinegar to it.(optional)
RADISH GINGER SALAD
* ginger slice
* 1tsp lemon juice
* coriander leaves
*Grate radish and carrot in a bowl.
* Add salt, lemon juice, black pepper to taste.
* Garnish coriander leaves on top.
*2-3 boiled potatoes
*1tbsp salad oil
* 2 tbsp vinegar
*1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
*Peel off the boiled potatoes and slice 1/2 inches
* Add salad oil and vinegar
* Add salt and black pepper to taste
STEAMED CABBAGE SALAD
* 100 gms French beans
*250 gms green peas
* 1/2 cup cabbage
* Lettuce leaves
*1/2 tsp black pepper
* 1/2 tsp salt
* Boil all vegetables in a seperator
* Cool them and add mayonnaise sauce
* Decorate with lettuce leaves
* 1 Apple
* 1 Guava
* 1 Carrot
* Slice small pieces of all the ingredients and add lemon juice. Tasty and healthy fruit salad is ready.
Sandwich with Coriander ChutneyTo Prepare we need :
:- Potato, boiled, skinned & sliced in circular shape
:-Cucumber skinned & 2-3 green chilies
:- Tomatoes, sliced
:- 1 cup coriander leaves
:- 1/2 cup coconut
:- Ginger skinned & cut into small pieces
*Take the coriander, coconut, ginger, green chilies, salt & grind it in the mixie, to make delicious coriander chutney.
*Now apply butter on the bread & then the coriander chutney on top of it.
*Arrange the vegetables on the bread. ________________________________________________
French Fries;- 2 medium
:- cooking oil for deep frying
:- 1/4 tsp pepper
:- 1/4 tsp salt
Instructions to Prepare
*Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 1/2" sticks.
*Deep fry in oil till golden or until crisp.
*Sprinkle salt and pepper on it and serve hot.
Spring Rolls::- 100 gms maida (all-purpose flour)
:- 50 gms corn flour
:- Salt to taste
:- 400 ml water
;- 100 gms cabbage
:- 100 gms onions
:- 100 gms carrots
:- 50 gms beans
:- 1 tbsp chili sauce
:- 2 tbsp soya sauce
:- Oil for frying
*Add water to the maida with salt and make a batter. Keep aside for half an hour.
*Heat a flat pan and add a tsp of oil. Take a big spoonful of above batter, pour in the pan and spread like a pancake. Make a few from the remaining batter and keep them aside.
*Cut all the vegetables into thin and long slices. Boil in hot water for few minutes and drain the water.
*Heat oil in a pan, fry the vegetables until all the water evaporates. Add salt, chili sauce, soya sauce, salt and mix well. When done, remove from heat and cool.
*Place this mixture in the middle of the pancake, roll and stick the ends with corn flour.
*Fry these in hot oil until golden. Cut into slices when they are hot. Serve with tomato sauce.